Just tried to run the auto-update to v3.0.0 and it failed catastrophically with the message:
Error: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/craftcms/composer.lock): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Now my control panel page has a "Finish Up" button that doesn't seem to do anything (the styling on the page is completely broken).
It also looks like Craft didn't take a backup, as my most recent backup is from RC4, back in January.
I'm not sure how to recover from this, if it's even possible, as the docs don't seem to have any useful information.
Any help would be appreciated.
Following Brad's instructions below (thanks Brad!), I found that my composer.json file had the version set to 3.0.0-RC5 (I guess the RC4 backup is the most recent after all--I thought I was on a later version).
I tried running
composer update but now I'm getting the following error:
- Installation request for craftcms/cms 3.0.0-RC5 -> satisfiable by craftcms/cms[3.0.0-RC5].
- Conclusion: remove roave/security-advisories dev-master
- craftcms/cms 3.0.0-RC5 requires yiisoft/yii2 ~220.127.116.11 -> satisfiable by yiisoft/yii2[2.0.13, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199].
- yiisoft/yii2 2.0.13 conflicts with roave/security-advisories[dev-master].
- yiisoft/yii2 188.8.131.52 conflicts with roave/security-advisories[dev-master].
- yiisoft/yii2 184.108.40.206 conflicts with roave/security-advisories[dev-master].
- yiisoft/yii2 220.127.116.11 conflicts with roave/security-advisories[dev-master].
- Installation request for roave/security-advisories dev-master -> satisfiable by roave/security-advisories[dev-master].
I also tried setting my version to RC4 in
composer.json but got the same result.
Should I just remove
roave/security-advisories from composer.json and try again?
Please excuse my ignorance--I have approximately zero experience with Composer.