I think I have been staring at this one too long because conceptually it seems fairly straightforward but I can't seem to pull it off. I am pretty sure I am going nowhere due to how complicated I am making my twig code
Here is what I have:
- "News" channel that holds news entries that can be optionally related to either a Program 1 entry or Program 2 entry.
- Program Type 1 channel.
- Program Type 2 channel.
- In the news entry there are two fields, one to relate Program 1 entries to the news item and another to relate Program 2 entries to the news item. They are being used similarly to categories in this case.
- News entries can have one or both of the related entries fields populated
- This is in a module that is shared throughout the site so I am not on a "news entry" page (if that makes sense), it will be an include that is included where needed.
Here is what I need to do
I need to be able to display a list of:
- the four most recently updated Program 1 or Program 2 NEWS items (combined list order by dateUpdated)
Thinking out loud it looks like I can grab a listing of each and then merge them together but I would love to see how smarter folks would handle this in the most efficient way.