Craft deployed and working well on one node. Now looking into load balancing 3 nodes behind a LTM device (F5 Big-IP). The server environment is the following:
- a GlusterFS replicated "shared" file-system mounted on the 3 nodes
- Craft app is installed in the shared file-system (so is the webroot and all common files, but Craft itself is outside of the webroot).
- a replicated MySQL database cluster hosting the Craft database (Percona xtraDB Cluster)
- Each node is configured with PHP ZendOpcache and Nginx.
Currently, Craft Vhost is enabled only on one node because I have the following questions:
- What should I do with the "storage" folder. Currently, it's on the shared file-system, so all the node share the same folder, is this an issue, i.e. should I move it to a local file system and set CRAFT_STORAGE_PATH accordingly?
- overridePhpSessionLocation: I set to true (so it does not write to 'storage/runtime/sessions'
- CacheMethod, is this for OPcaching or user data caching? (Currently ZendOpcache is configured at the PHP level, but I still see entries in the storage/runtime/cache folder)
Any pitfalls I should be aware or specific configuration needed for a load-balanced set of Craft instances?