I'm running into some odd behavior with an entries field. There are multiple entries fields on the site and all work as expected but one. The behavior is as follows.
- If there are multiple entries already associated, rearranging the entries (drag and drop) and then saving will clear all entries from the field.
- Saving more than one entry to the field at a time (in one save event, not in total) will remove everything but the most recently clicked entry.
- Saving entries individually, adding an entry, saving, adding another, saving, etc. is the only way currently to add multiple entries to the field.
Some further details:
- The field has worked correctly for a long time until recently. The site was updated from Craft 3.1 to 3.7. I believe this is when it stopped working.
- The production site runs on PHP 7.2.24. When I run my local on a similar version, I can recreate the error, but upping my local PHP to 7.4.1 removes the issue. Updating the PHP version of the production site is not an option at this time.
- I've checked the craft logs as well as the php error logs and mysql logs. No errors appear, nor is an error thrown when saving, not even a flash message error.