Being busy rethinking an existing website to rebuild in Craft I just found out Craft 4 was announced september last year. Some of the new features, like nestable Matrix fields in particular, are very welcome and chances are I'd rather wait for Craft 4 to come out to convert a big amount of data to the new CMS than to rebuild the website in Craft 3 to have another data-migration(/rebuild?) for new fields etc. in Craft 4 later.
So I'm having the following questions:
1) Is there anything to say about a release date for Craft 4? And about around what time Pixel and Tonic consider it a stable release to be used in production?
2) What will happen to the support and updates for Craft 3 once Craft 4 is out? Is there any roadmap showing support/update-cycles for Pixel and Tonic products?
3) Will Craft 3 work with the announced Craft Cloud or will the cloud only work from version 4 up?
4) Is there anything to say about how difficult it will likely be to migrate from v3 to v4 and what that would be about?
5) What about existing paid licenses when a customer upgrades from version 3 to 4? Is it under the same license after the upgrade? Or are licenses bound to a major version and need a customer buy a new license for version 4?
Thanks in advance!