For several websites (Craft CMS 2 & 3), servers ran out ot storage even if these websites were not storing a lot of assets.
After looking for why, I ended up in the temporary (tmp/) folder of these servers (which is at a lower level of these vhosts), where I found there were a lot of Craft-related filed that were not purged.
These are, for example:
- Imagick files (some of them have a size of ~500 Mb!)
- A lot of Twig PHP folders and files (which content looks very similar as found in
- When and why these files are generated?
- Why they are not automatilcally deleted?
- When is it safe to delete them?
To be more specific:
- Because I'm using Imgix, front-end image transforms are delegated to this remote service;
- In this case, I think that only the CP uses Imagick;