I added an element metadata field to my Sprout setup so that I could control things and automate a bit: Element Metadata Field
However, upon saving these field layouts, Sprout wants to re-save all entries. Fair enough, I quickly went through and added the layouts to all my sections. However, I've got 8686 entries, and so far this has taken 5+ hours on a 2 CPU server on Digital Ocean where the CPU is absolutely pegged. This server has 2GB of memory, and 3/4 is reserved for php/craft.
It seems every time I saved, it created new tasks for saving all entries, new regenerating search terms (it created thousands of regen search term tasks), etc. With multi-locale support for 10+ languages, this seems like it unleashed destruction.