We have a channel that has about 700 entries but is paginated with a limit of 30 entries. Our client is looking to add a button so users can print out all entries. One of our proposed solutions was to redirect to a stripped down page (no header, footer, etc.) with all of the filtered entries that automatically engages the browser's print method. The problem is if no filters have been applied, Craft can't handle 700 entries (I've tested a bit and 130 seems to be the limit).
How should one go about this? Is upping our memory limit (currently 128M) the only way around this? Would it be better to generate a JSON object on channel entry save that we could then load in the print page's template?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Here is some additional information. The page is basically just a list of companies. There is a field for the company's name, address, contact name, telephone, email, website, type (category), country (category), and also SEOmatic (which we obviously don't need to display). I haven't actually looked at the tables, though.
The error I am getting:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/site/craft/app/fieldtypes/PlainTextFieldType.php on line 59
- Meta: SEOMatic (don't need to output)
- Company Name: Plain Text
- Company Address: Plain Text
- Company Contact Name: Plain Text
- Company Email: Plain Text
- Company Telephone: Plain Text
- Company Website: Plain Text
- Company Type: Category (there can be MULTIPLE types, doesn't have any fields associated with it)
- Company Country: Category (there can only be ONE type, doesn't have any fields associated with it)
- Company Types
- Company Countries