I'm a long time WordPress developer who's moved over to Craft CMS (loving it).
When moving over WordPress sites from MAMP to a live production server, I follow this process:
- Upload all WP files to live server
- Export database via phpMyAdmin
- Create database on live server and import database dump
- User search and replace tool to change URLs
- Flush permalinks via WP admin
For Craft, I've done the following:
- Upload all Craft files to live server
- Export database from CP in Craft
- Create database on live server and import Craft DB zip
- Via live Craft CP, change Site URL and Asset URL
Everything is working perfectly, but I just want to check I hadn't missed anything here? Not having to do a search and replace is awesome.