Resolved by nuke and reinstall.
Thanks for the answers. It was in my own templates that I noticed the issue to start with. I removed all CSS to make sure it was not the cause in some odd way. I wanted to use the default template to be sure I had stock html from the system to also cut out any possible html code issues I might have mistakenly added or modified. None of my solutions worked, so I opened a ticket with Support. Brad did verify that he was able to install from scratch, remove the css, and verified it in Chrome.
I saved my templates that I personally created, as well the foundation.zurb components that I introduced. I deleted craft and the db, and started it over from scratch. Once I had it back on fresh, I removed the CSS again from the stock template and the space issue was gone.
I re-implementable my template and foundation.zurb components again, and everything was fine this time. All of my own additions were okay as well. Something somewhere crept in on my first install somehow I guess. Glad that it's resolved now.
It was odd though because I did refer back to a stock template saved from the default unzip as well as removing all CSS. I did have some posts that I added to the news feed back though so I am wondering if perhaps it crept in that way. Maybe something I did on one of the posts, because it was only ever on the news feed page that this issue appeared.