I've set up a new locale fr_ca according to the localization guide. I've defined my site url's accordingly and set the files like so that english is on the top level and an fr_ca folder contains the index.php file.
I've set the craft folder accordingly, and defined CRAFT_LOCALE. I've also enabled the locale in all my sections.
Now when i access a singles entry, and I click Canadian French on the right to switch locales, I get a Page Not Found error, the requested URL was not found on this server.
I've also set my templates so that inside my templates folder, i have a folder fr_ca containing a new index.html file to be served. When I try to access the site from the front end, using www.example.com/fr_ca, I get an entry is not defined error (which makes sense).